How many saw that headline and heaved a sigh of relief? ‘Oh good,’ you thought, ‘one less thing on my to do list.’
Web Analytics World has 21 reasons that you do not need web analytics. Any of these sound like you or your clients?
- You don’t want to know where your visitors are coming from.
- You don’t care how much time visitors spend on your website.
- Most popular products? Who cares, you already know what your customers want.
- Dead Content? There can’t be any dead content on your site.
- Site overlay is overrated because you can pretty much guess which links visitors find appealing.
- Bounce rate sounds like a make believe metric.
With Google Analytics being such a great price… free, there’s little excuse for not having top-notch analytics available for your site. Whether someone actually analyzes the data or not, at least it will be there when someone realizes the need.